Win cash or food for your fave non profit!

July 1, 2011

PETCO and Royal Canin GOGO promoFriends, I am super excited to share with you a contest I am hosting in conjunction with Royal Canin and PETCO

Help me spread the word about their “Get One, Give One” promotion taking place next weekend and you could win $1K cash donation or more than 3,000 cans of cat food for your favorite pet-related non profit! (See below for details on how to win.)

The “Get One, Give One” promotion (or, as I like to call it, GOGO) is one of those win-win opportunities that don’t come along too often. Get this:
Next weekend (July 8-10, 2011) PETCO is offering every customer (while supplies last) two FREE cans of Adult Instinctive or Ultra Light Royal Canin adult feline wet formula for their cats – no purchase necessary. For each can given away to you, Royal Canin will donate an additional can to the PETCO Foundation, which helps support approximately 7,000 local animal welfare groups across the country to help find homes for more than 200,000 adoptable animals every year

So, to reiterate. All you have to do it trot your little self to PETCO next weekend, ask for your two free cans of Royal Canin cat food and then feel happy knowing that another two cans will be donated to pets in need via the PETCO Foundation.

Now, here’s the REALLY exciting part. Royal Canin and PETCO are offering a special promotion just to Romeo readers. Clearly, visiting me here every day pays off! THREE lucky readers are going to win awesome prizes for their favorite cat-related charity. Our grand prize winner will get to designate the recipient of a $1,000 cash donation and two second prize winners will get to designate the recipients of a 1/2 pallet of Royal Canin Adult Instinctive or Ultra Light adult feline wet formula food. By the way, one pallet is 7,292 cans of food. That means each recipient gets 3,696 cans of food. See? Cats can do math.

Here’s how you can win (you can choose one or some or all of these but remember to email us and tell us at caroline@romeothecat.com and tell us what you’ve done!)

1. Post a comment below, telling me what non profit you would choose if you won and why – 1 entry
2. Subscribe to my blog – see sign up box on the right side of the screen – 3 entries
3. Tweet about the GOGO promo, linking to this post and using hashtag #RCGOGO – 2 entries
4. Post about this GOGO promo on Facebook, linking to this post – 2 entries
5. Blog about the GOGO promo or post about this on your web site and link to this post – 5 entries
6. Post the above badge on your site/blog and link it to this post (email me if you want the code) – 2 entries
7. Go to PETCO and get your two free cans so Royal Canin can donate two more – 5 entries (tell me the city and state of the store you visited)

IMPORTANT: Email my staff at caroline@romeothecat.com, telling us all the things you did to enter, and include appropriate links and handles.

I will do a random drawing and announce the three winners on July 13, 2011!

OK so, get your furry behinds in gear. Spread the word about the GOGO promotion, get your free cans, email us to tell us all about how you helped raise awareness and then cross your paws that you’re a winner!

This will be SO. MUCH. FUN. Good luck everyone!

xo

Sabrina hansen July 19, 2011 at

Animal kind is the best organization I have ever worked with…

They are an incredible group of people dedicated to helping the animals…

Steve Malek July 13, 2011 at

Animalkind of Hudson NY has so much heart and does so much good. Keep it up!

Kristen July 11, 2011 at

I would like to submit Life Is Better Rescue in Lakewood, CO. for consideration. They save animals from death row and adopt them out. This rescue is relatively new but has a large number of animals. I am a cat foster parent for them, and they currently solely rely on foster parents! It’s hard work!

Pam July 11, 2011 at

I donate to Animalkind in Hudson, NY

Kristyn Williams July 10, 2011 at

Woodstock Animal Foundation in Kentucky would be without a doubt my choice if I won. I have been fostering for them for nearly a decade, and in an area that ranks very poorly for animal welfare they are heroes. Besides rescue and adoptions they provide low cost spay and neuter for rural counties throughout the state and are always ready to step up and help the ill or injured unowned animals that come into the shelters. They never say “I can’t” or “It’s too much” or “It’s hopeless.” From animals hit by cars to those requiring round-the-clock nursing care to recover from disease or neglect the volunteers who run this rescue will provide whatever the animals in their care need and put those needs above all else.

Rae Williams July 10, 2011 at

I’d like to put in my vote for Lucky Dog Rescue. Ashley Owen Hill not only has been taking in “unadoptable” pets (a lot of pit bull and mixes) at Lucky Dog Rescue in Mississippi and cares for them until they find a home, but she also put help put Pet Pardons http://apps.facebook.com/petpardons/?ref=ts on FaceBook, advocating for dogs and cats who are about to be Put to Sleep and need immediate rescuing, and setting up a place to advocate for them and raise funds to pay for their upkeep so that they might get adopted. She recently took in dogs who survived outside in one of the biggest tornadoes in Alabama. When other groups suggest voting for Lucky Dog to get some extra funds in different contests, she tells them to place their votes with more worthy animal groups. She has united people across the US through FaceBook to awareness and help injured, senior and animals about to die find loving homes. I live in Illinois, and Lucky Dog Rescue has my vote.

Merrill Wideman July 10, 2011 at

Thanks Romeo for helping so many animals-you are so awsome. If I won, I would donate to Pets Without Parents in Columbus OH. They are a no kill shelter, and I have been lucky enough to adopt 2 wonderful animals from them in the 10 years since they started. They are small, and don’t have many large corporate sponsers, so all the donations they get are really, really needed. Last year they found homes for 327 cats and 432 dogs, a total of 759 pets found permant homes.

Susan Dzioba July 10, 2011 at

I would like to Donate to Tiny Paws Dog Rescue Canada, being I am not only a member but all so a Foster Mom and now have my 7Th foster and Loving every minute. They help all Tiny Paws up to and sometimes over 29lbs, and all ways find a Pawrific home for these Babies; including a wonderful membership of caring, loving foster’s and staff that are just Wonderful!
Thank you so much.

Sylvia July 10, 2011 at

Please consider Animalkind of Hudson, NY for this award. They do a fantastic job of TNR and of finding homes for feral cats , and could really use the help with food!!

Lee C July 10, 2011 at

Animalkind in Hudson, NY is an organization that protects and cares for feral cats and finds homes for the homeless cats they receive from the public. It can use donations to allow more care, neutering, and health care for their cats.

dennis herbert July 10, 2011 at

I WOULD DONATE TO ANIMALKIND IN HUDSON BECAUSE OF THE TIRELESS WORK THAT IS DONE AND HAS BEEN FOR YEARS IN THE CARE OF ANIMALS. TO PERFORM THE KIND OF SERVICES THEY PROVIDE TAKES DONATIONS SUCH AS THIS AND COULD NOT GO TO A MORE WORTHY ORGANIZATION.