Romeo Mewsings

February 24, 2011

Hmmm

Hmmm

I’ve been thinking…..why can I have dry food in my bowl all day but wet food only twice a day? Really, shouldn’t there be a bottomless bowl of wet stinky food too? This makes no sense. Unless….

It’s some attempt at controlling us. Or some sick form of staff entertainment; making us meow for our wet food.

Comrades, what do you think?

MagicChloe February 24, 2011 at

WalterMitty, Clarisse, and I only get canned FF. Our vet does not like us to eat kibble. Since we don’t get much, a few pieces a sprinkled on top of the FF are a real treat for us. We get fed 5 times a day because after almost 19 years, I take drugs just to have an appetite, and our keeper has to clean up after we eat to keep Wally from eating all the leftovers.

Teri and the cats of Curlz and Swirlz February 24, 2011 at

I have seen timer feeders that you put an ice pack underneath I think…personally, I think I should be able to quit my job and just be at the beck and call of the cats, expcept the pay is not legal tender…just bunts and purrs…

Percy the Cat February 24, 2011 at

We get stinky noms twice a day, and we do not get dry foods.

There are also food timing machines that can open and distribute a bit of food at one time (they look sorta like a circle and have timers, mum thinks) that might solve that problem.

But we eat up all our stinky noms right away, so it doesn’t sit out very often.

By the way, dry noms are way more fattening for kittehs because they usually have corn and other grains that we don’t need. :)

Tammy February 24, 2011 at

Oh Romeo! My Ben cat totally agrees with you – he really works hard to convince us that he should get more wet food than he does!

Tricia Rule February 24, 2011 at

You’re lucky you get wet food twice a day Romeo. We only get it for breakfast and a very small amount! [It's "fattening"! Shh!]
Respectfully,
Skye, Misty and Oliver!

Anastasia February 24, 2011 at

Romeo, our brood of three cats know how to stir up MAJOR anarchy if there is no wet food! Think: wake up tactics ALL DAY!

Whiskers February 24, 2011 at

Consider yourself lucky. I only get dry food twice a day now that the V-E-T put me on a D-I-E-T.

Romeo February 24, 2011 at

Good point, Angelus. But I think there must be some sort of modern technology to keep wet food moist and bacteria free all day. Mayhap I should invent this genius apparatus.

Angelus February 24, 2011 at

Dude, think about it. Wet food, if left out, becomes dry and nasty. Also bacteria starts growing in it if we don’t eat it and it upsets our tummy. What would you prefer, things as they are now OR having the runs?

You decide.

Personally, I’d rather have dry noms.